There are a variety of food assistance programs available in San Joaquin County for families, individuals, and seniors.
The Emergency Food Bank Main Pantry is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., excluding holidays.
- Emergency food assistance is available to San Joaquin County resident households once per calendar month.
- To receive emergency food assistance, please bring current photo identification with proof of address in San Joaquin County. If ID is not current, you must bring an additional document showing proof that you live in San Joaquin County (examples: gas, electric, cable TV, or telephone bill).
- If there are other members in your household, please bring the following -
- Adult household member - photo ID w/address
- Children - any ID with child's name (health insurance card, school ID, birth certificate, etc.)
- Please bring bags/boxes to carry the food products that you will receive.
CalFresh, or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), was the former Food Stamp Program. The CalFresh Program provides eligible residents with an electronic benefit card that can be used to purchase food and nutritional items at your local grocery store. More information about CalFresh is available on the EFB CalFresh page.
Other food resources include:
- 2-1-1 San Joaquin
For a comprehensive list of community resources, please visit 2-1-1 San Joaquin, at www.211sj.org. You can also dial 2-1-1, or (800) 436-9997, from your landline or mobile phone. Help is available 24 hours a day.
- USDA Commodities
Food and nutrition items distributed by San Joaquin County the third Thursday of each month (see Helpful Links below)
- Partner Pantries supported by the Emergency Food Bank
Several locations throughout the County (see Pantries page)
- Independent pantries and food programs
Offered by other agencies (see Helpful Links below)
- Meals on Wheels
Offered to seniors 60 and older at varied congregate dining sites and by home-delivery throughout the county (Meals on Wheels, USDA Commodities and other County food services).